OF THE YEAR FOR
THE AWARD GOES TO
Sergeant Robbie Jephcott 2343
Sergeant Robbie Jephcott 2343 goes off the rails in a shameful, ego fuelled display of aggression toward a driver who refuses to follow his unlawful demands.
Here is a list of everything the officer did wrong:
- 01 - Insisted the driver step out of his vehicle when he was under no obligation to do so
- 02 - Threatened to smash the drivers window because he explained himself
- 03 - Threatened to ticket the driver punitively
- 04 - Lied about his suspicion the driver had consumed alcohol
- 05 - Falsifying an obstruction of police charge
- 06 - Assaulted the driver
- 07 - Lied about checking the tint on the windows as a means to get the driver to open the door
- 08 - Had no equipment to test the opacity of the windows
- 09 - Attempted to stop the driver from filming under threat of arrest
- 10 - Refers to the Road Traffic Act as "the Road Traffic Law"
- 11 - rrested the driver without necessity (or lawful reason)
- 12 - Placed the driver in handcuffs (maliciously) despite the driver not resisting
- 13 - Misstated the caution: omitted "Anything you do say may be given in evidence"
- 14 - Told the passenger he could not leave the vehicle, thereby falsely imprisoning him
- 15 - Listed "potentially being intoxicated" as an offence
- 16 - Suggested that his training elevated his 'sergeant' status to Inspector level.
- 17 - Suggested the driver was preventing the officer from confirming who he was
- 18 - Refused to state what station he was attached to
- 19 - Refused to tell the driver if he had been filmed
- 20 - Incapable of understanding the difference between delay and detention
- 21 - Walks off petulantly when the driver makes a statement in his defence